Have an event we should know about? Please Contact Us
- This event has passed.
Social U! For 3-5 Years Olds
February 12 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Saturday, repeating until March 26, 2022
January 15, 22, 29/February 5, 12, 19/March 5, 12, 19, 26
9:00 am – 10: 50 am
At Social U! we teach children how to interact appropriately with others their age. Our therapeutic intervention will help students learn conversational, friendship and problem-solving skills. Through socialization, play, communication (verbal/non-verbal) student will learn how to develop friendships, control their emotions, and understand other people’s perspectives.
AREAS of CONCENTRATION
· how to be a good friend.
· how to join in and play.
· identifying and expressing feelings.
· managing anger.
· resisting impulses.
· matching the size of our reactions to the size of the problem.
· initiating and sustaining conversations.
· respecting personal space.
· understanding the power of words.
· finding opportunities for kindness.
· understanding the components of cooperation and teamwork.
· building self-esteem.
Each class targets a critical aspect of self-management and social competence. Classes are designed to be fun and fully interactive, helping children to learn and grow in an environment that is both safe and engaging. games, stories, and arts and crafts. Sessions are limited in size and are led by certified instructors.
LOCATION: Rye Reads Learning Center
Session Fee: $750.00