Get a discount for bringing in old car seat during Target’s trade-in event
Target’s popular car seat trade-in event returns on Earth Day.
From April 22 through May 4, Target stores will accept and recycle car seats, including infant seats, convertible seats, car seat bases, harness or booster car seats, the retailer announced in a statement.
In exchange for the old car seat, customers will get a coupon for 20% off “a new car seat, car seat base, travel system, stroller or select baby home gear, such as playards, high chairs, swings, rockers and bouncers.”
The seats can be traded in only at a Target store at Guest Services. The coupons can be used in-store and online through May 11.
“As our guests increasingly look for products and experiences that are good for them, their families and the planet, we are making it easy to have a positive impact on the environment through trade-in programs,” Target said in the statement.
Since Target introduced its first car seat trade-in program in April 2016, half a million car seats and more than 7.4 million pounds of materials have been recycled.
How it works
- Target will accept all infant seats, convertible seats, car seat bases, harness or booster car seats and car seats, including seats that are expired or damaged.
- Take in your old car seat to Target’s Guest Services and place it in the drop-off box from April 22 through May 4.
- In exchange, Target will give a 20% off coupon to use in-store and online through May 11.
- The coupon can be used on baby gear including, a new car seat, car seat base, travel system, stroller or select baby home gear, such as playards, high chairs, swings, rockers and bouncers.
- You can earn more at Target’s corporate website.