- One bag of medium white potatoes
- 2-3 Limes
- 1 package of pico de gallo
- 3-4 avocados
- shredded Mexican cheese (you can leave this out if you want to make it vegan!)
- 1/2 of a red onion
- black beans (
- salt to taste
- olive oil or vegetable oil to coat your pan
- First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse the potatoes thoroughly and lightly coat them in olive oil. Place them on a foil-lined cookie sheet.
- Once the oven reaches the desired temperature, place the cookie sheet inside and set a timer for 30 minutes. Once they are cooked, they should be crisp on the outside and your fork should slide into them easily,
- While the potatoes are baking in the oven, you can use this time to prep the rest of the ingredients. In a bowl, your avocados together using a fork. On a cutting board, finely chop up half of a red onion and a handful of cilantro.
- Pour this mixture into the bowl with the mashed avocado. Next, juice 1 lime and pour all of it into the bowl and add a pinch of salt. Stir it up!
- If you decide that you want to add black beans (highly recommend) this is the time to add them! You will want to drain the can of beans and remove the water. The amount of beans is up to your preference, but I added half of a can to my batch! Mix it all up again.
- At this time, you should be at right about the 30 minute mark. Time to take those potatoes out of the oven! You will want to let them cool for about 10 minutes. Next, you will cut them in half, and using a spoon you will scoop out the inside of each potato. Once they are hollow, sprinkle some shredded Mexican cheese inside each one!
- Pop those back in the oven for about 10-15 minutes.
- Finally, once they are done, let them sit for another 10 minutes to cool down. Fill each potato with your guac + bean mixture. Top them with the pico de gallo, and tah dah! You have yourself a super simple, delicious appetizer!
Shortcut, instead of Step 3: If you are on a time crunch, you can pop these in the microwave for about 2-3 minutes instead! Make sure to use a sharp knife (or fork) and pierce each potato in a few spots before putting them in the microwave. You will still need to use the oven for another step, so make sure to still preheat it to 400 degrees.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Canned or rotisserie chicken (4 cans)
2 sticks cream cheese
2 cups ranch
2 cups franks
1 bag shredded cheddar
1/2 bag shredded mozzarella
Blue cheese crumbles
1. Mix everything but blue cheese & a small amount of cheddar.
2. Pour in a dish & top with blue cheese & the remaining cheddar.
3. Put in the oven at 350 degrees for about an hour, broil at end for the blue cheese to melt.