You don’t have to choose between having a lush lawn and having a sustainable lawn—you just need a little know how.
Here are some of SavATree’s top tips for preventing water waste and minimizing environmental impact while maintaining a stunning yard.
- Choose grass seed carefully. These days, there are a lot of great options available when it comes to grass varieties. The key is to look for one that requires less water or is otherwise well suited to the conditions in your yard.
- Go organic. An organic fertilization programgives you the best possible results with the smallest impact on the environment. SavATree’s program continues throughout the season to help your lawn really establish itself.
- Water smarter. Watering early in the morning helps prevent mildew, fungus, and daytime water loss. Watering for longer but less frequent periods of time, meanwhile, encourages deeper, more drought-resistant roots.
- Let grass grow. When you mow your lawn this summer, use a taller setting. Longer grass grows stronger roots and shades soil to prevent water loss and weed growth.
- Use a wetting agent. When your turf is too dry, water runs off rather than getting fully absorbed into the soil, creating waste. A wetting agent helps soil make the most of any water it gets.
To learn more about your lawn care options, get in touch with one of SavATree’s experts.