Join us at the sanctuary to help with invasive plant removal, trail, beach clean-up, and more. This is a great way to get some exercise and give something back to the earth!
The Friends of Read Wildlife Sanctuary, Inc. (FRWS), is a 501 (c)3 non-profit organization, run by volunteers, and funded primarily by membership dues. The Friends work to supplement the county’s support of the Edith G. Read Wildlife Sanctuary, a 179-acre Westchester County nature preserve located on the shore of Long Island Sound along a migratory flyway in Rye, NY.
The Friends of Read Wildlife Sanctuary is dedicated to the preservation and enhancement of the Edith G. Read Wildlife Sanctuary.
- The FRWS will support its mission through:
- Wildlife conservation and studies
- Habitat restoration
- Educational programs for adults and children
- Trail and park maintenance
- Advocacy efforts to guide the County’s stewardship of the property
- Volunteer efforts