The Top 10 Best Apps for Moms in 2018
Want to make your life easier? Grab your phone and check out these best apps for moms right now.
Picniic offers a number of features that busy moms will love, including:
- A family locator, so you can keep track of who’s where, when
- A calendar for easy scheduling
- A space to save online recipes to help with meal planning
- Shopping lists to save you time when you’re running errands
- An info locker where you can keep important medical or household info, so it’s always on you when you need it
- To-do lists that your whole family can access so everyone stays on track
- Family photo storage to help you capture and look back on those special memories
- And more
Picniic is one of the best planners for moms because of the many great features that it offers. You can tell some serious thought went into providing busy moms with the tools they need to stay organized, and Picniic is the result.
Picniic is available for iOS, Android, and desktop and tablet..
Acting as a private social network for neighborhoods, Nextdoor is useful for far more than staying updated on the local news. It’s a great resource for finding a babysitter, planning local events, and even sharing safety tips.
Nextdoor is one of our best apps for moms because of its localized focus. All of the neighbors in your Nextdoor community are verified for safety, and you and your neighbors contribute to this online community. For busy moms who might not see your neighbors face-to-face as much as you’d like, this app is a practical and convenient way to stay connected.
Nextdoor is available for both iOS and Android.
Depending on how you’re using Signup Genius, you’ll have access to different templates and features, all of which are designed to make your experience both simple and easy. With Signup Genius, you can do just about any task needed as you plan an event or activity, including:
- Creating a signup form based off of a template, or even customized to your needs
- Inviting groups of people to sign up
- Collecting payments
- Managing schedules
- And more
Whether you’re planning a fundraiser, need to organize an event for your child’s school, are trying to coordinate volunteers for an event, or are just scheduling a snack break for your kid’s sports team, Signup Genius is a great tool to help keep you organized, even when you’re on the go.
Signup Genius is available for both iOS and Android.
This app allows you to:
- Find local sitters recommended by the parents in your network
- Book sitters right through the app
- Choose the best sitter for the job
- See estimated rates before you book
- Track the length of each sitter visit using the app’s timer
- Pay right through the app with your credit card for time-saving convenience
Because you’re seeing local sitters that your friends have used and recommend, it takes some of the guesswork out of finding a great sitter. Plus, being able to time each visit and pay right through the app eliminates last-minute trips to the ATM and makes paying your sitter so much easier.
Bambino is available for iOS.
Use Keepy to document and organize:
- Report cards
- Family memories
- And more
Playground Buddy features a worldwide database of over 200,000 playgrounds, and you can search for playgrounds anywhere – near you, across town, or just about anywhere else. The listings include details about features, so you have an idea of what’s offered before you decide which playground to visit.
We’ve included Playground Buddy as one of the best apps for moms because of its convenience factor. There’s nothing worse than being in an unfamiliar area with kids who really need a chance to get out of the car and play. With this app, you can find local playgrounds, rule out the ones that don’t have the features that you’re looking for, and head to the playgrounds that will suit your needs. Both you and your kids will be happier as a result.
Playground Buddy is available for both iOS and Android.
This app is a great app for moms because it makes it easier to get your family to help out with chores. You create a list of chores to be done, and the app synchronizes between all of your family’s devices. This makes it easy to coordinate who needs to do which chore. Plus, with the potential to earn rewards just by doing chores, this app helps to incentivize your kids to get their chores done.
Chorma is available for iOS.
Boxed makes shopping easier for busy moms, and you don’t even have to worry about heading out to the store. Shop through the app and enjoy great benefits like:
- Quality brands you love (think Dunkin Donuts, LaCroix, and more) offered at great bulk prices
- Free delivery that arrives in an average of 2 days
- No membership fees to worry about
- A smart stockup option that will remind you to place another order before you run out
With Boxed, you can shop for groceries, paper products, pet supplies, beverages, bath and body items, and more. No more dealing with busy lines at the grocery store, especially with kids in tow. Boxed simplifies shopping while saving you money.
Boxed is available for both iOS and Android.
- Easy-to-view schedules of your kid’s team’s practices and games
- Calendar syncing, so you never forget about a game or practice
- In-app messaging to communicate with other parents and the team coach
- The ability to make payments right within the app
- Team rosters, so you know who’s on your child’s team
- Photo sharing, so even if you can’t make it to a game, you can still see the highlights
- And much more
TeamSnap is undoubtedly one of the best apps for moms of kids on sports teams. In fact, we loved TeamSnap so much that GoKid even partnered with TeamSnap. Now, when you use both TeamSnap and GoKid, you can connect both accounts and download team rosters and event schedules into GoKid. Then, you can use that information to create carpools to make sure your kids get to every practice and game.
TeamSnap is available for iOS, Android, and iPad.
GoKid is a carpool app for moms and dads that helps you to create carpools with other parents. When you split the driving with other families, it gives you more free time and means that you spend less time behind the wheel. By setting up carpools, you can get your kids where they need to be, even when you’re busy with other things.
GoKid is easy to use. This app allows you to:
- View a master schedule right in the app
- Invite only parents you trust to drive your kids
- Set up carpools within the app, and edit them as necessary
- Message other parents through the app
- Receive reminders about carpools so you’re never caught off-guard
Plus, thanks to the integration with TeamSnap, you can see the parents of other teammates on your child’s sports team so you can set up carpools to games and practices.
Not only can GoKid ensure that your child gets to school and activities, but it also helps to reduce traffic and congestion at school drop-off and pick-up lines, because carpool drivers are there to pick up multiple kids. It’s convenient, versatile, and is a must-have carpool app for moms.
GoKid is currently available for iOS, though we’re releasing a version for Android very soon! Additionally, a GoKid web app means that you’ll always be able to access your carpool information, no matter what device you’re using.
Ideal Apps for Moms
These 10 best apps for moms in 2018 are a great example of how technology can make a difference in your life. Not only do they make your job easier, but they allow you to get more done with less stress. Parenting’s a tough job, but these apps make it just a bit easier.