Deadlines are here for FedEx, U.S. Postal Service and UPS in New York during the 2019 holiday season.
By Michael Woyton, Patch Staff
Nov 25, 2019 12:34 pm ET
If you’re shipping to friends and family members in the military, the first deadline to ensure cards and gifts get there on time is looming.
The U.S. Postal Service has projected that it will ship 800 million packages between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day in 2019. Seasonal workers are hired for the increased workload, and the Postal Service will also expand Sunday delivery beginning on Nov. 24.
U.S. Postal Service
- Dec. 14: USPS Retail Ground
- Dec. 20: First-Class Mail
- Dec. 21: Priority Mail Service
- Dec. 23: Priority Mail Express Service
- Nov. 30: First Class International (Africa, Central and South America)
- Nov. 30: Priority Mail International (Africa, Central and South America)
- Dec. 7: First Class International (all international locations besides Africa, Central and South America)
- Dec. 7: Priority Mail International (all international locations besides Africa, Central and South America)
- Nov. 27: Space Available Mail (items that must be under 15 pounds and 60 inches)
- Dec. 4: Parcel Airlift Mail
- Dec. 13: UPS Ground
- Dec. 19: UPS 3 Day Select
U.S. To Canada and Mexico
- Dec. 13: UPS Ground (from the 48 contiguous states only)
- Dec. 9: FedEx Smart Post
- Dec. 16: FedEx Home Delivery
- Dec. 16: FedEx Ground
- Dec. 19: FedEx Express Saver
U.S. To Canada
- Dec. 13: FedEx International Ground
U.S. To Mexico
- Dec. 19: FedEx International Economy
For more information and to find a shipping location in New York, go to the USPS, FedEx and UPS websites.
Keep an eye out for an update to this list as we get closer to the other deadlines later in December.