As school districts across our area make decisions about their plans for the 2020-2021 school year, many of us are also making decisions about what learning models will work best for our children.
For some families this means partial or full-time distance learning, homeschooling or curated learning pods. Regardless of the path you choose, the reality is that this school year will look very different than years before. As we embark on an unfamiliar academic landscape, many families are looking for tutors and educational support services to bridge the gap.
To assist families in navigating these decisions, Rye & Rye Brook Moms and Sound Shore Moms together have created a Tutor Guide made up of local learning and education resources. We’ve included Learning Centers, Tutoring companies and Education Consultants who are all available to help your child (pre-k through college) excel during this unpredictable academic year.
Academic subjects we tutor include:
- Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Statistics, Precalculus, Calculus (differential, integral, multivariable), Advanced Mathematics, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics
- Academic Writing Skills, English and World Literature, Critical Reading, Grammar
- Biology (molecular, ecological), Chemistry (inorganic, organic), Physics, Computer Science, Environmental Science
- American History and Social Studies, World History, European History, Government, Politics
- French, Spanish, Italian, German
We offer in class and online instruction in Critical Thinking Math, English and handwriting for Pre-k to Middle school students. If you have a child that is struggling, or one that wants to get to the top of the class, please give us a call at 914-933-0566 for a free diagnostic! We have worked with many families in the Rye – Rye Brook area.
- GAMECHANGER is your quick and easy free referral service connecting you to highly qualified academic, sports, music, and art teachers.
- GAMECHANGER connects students to tutors from preschool through post-college, including test prep, college guidance, resume writing, and interview prep.
- GAMECHANGER offers in person and remote tutoring options
- GAMECHANGER offers one-on-one and pod learning experiences.
- GAMECHANGER knows our tutors. GAMECHANGER cares about our families, and we match them to the most competitively priced tutor that best fits their child’s needs.
- Building Problem Solving Skills
NOW FORMING—CUSTOM STUDY PODS, PRIVATE TUTORING & HOMEWORK HELP
Stay on top of Chemistry, Physics & Math! Online Tutor, Study Pods and Homework Help—
Dr. John Heidenreich, Chemistry Ph.D. an experienced online tutor, provides expert help in High School Chemistry/Physics, or College Chemistry and High School Math.
Now forming custom study pods and homework help sessions to support your student during what may be a hybrid school year. Improve science and math skills, while studying from home. Build confidence and improve their problem-solving skills.
Small, custom outdoor study groups may be available.
- Preschool & Kindergarten Prep programs for children of two to five years of age.
- Children are provided with various enrichment programs including English, Math, and other subjects for all ages and grade levels, and ACT and SAT prep.
- Learning groups for grades K-5, to support children with the new hybrid models beginning this school year and help them in staying on top of their education.
- Seasonal camps are offered throughout the year.
- Different student learning styles are taken into consideration, and children explore and learn through STE(A)M projects, educational game play, and discussion.
To learn more, call 914-315-6366 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
255 Halstead Avenue, Harrison, NY 10528
Ivy League Graduate Tutors is a full service educational company servicing students in elementary through graduate school (and adult learners) in all academic subjects, test preparation, educational admissions (private/boarding schools, college, and grad school), homeschooling, and learning pod assistance for the 2020-2021 academic year! Our team of Ivy League Graduate Tutors from Harvard, UPENN, Cornell, and Columbia Universities is proud to assist students of all ages engage in educational support at this time. While we have traditionally provided individualized and small group in-person lessons, we currently offer enhanced remote Zoom lessons, utilize Google docs, and take notes for our students by hand! We are also willing to provide in person services for the customized learning pods and homeschooling assistance.
- Academic Subjects
- Test Prep
- Private/Boarding School and Undergraduate and Graduate School Admissions Services
Mention Sound Shore Moms for a free 20-30 minute phone consultation to discuss any educational needs this upcoming academic year AND 10% off the first service/lesson!
For a free consultation and more info contact (914) 584-3283 or email email@example.com
English & Social Studies Tutoring
SAT/ACT/AP/Regents Test Prep
College App and Essay Coach
Contact Jane at 914-588-6018 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
In my practice, my goals are to motivate students from 4 years to college age and to use their strengths to further their learning. At the same time, I want to educate families and encourage their participation in their children’s education and give them a voice. As a caring professional with over 40 year’s experience, I guide students with “a smile” using low-pressure strategies in the following areas:
- Reading | Readiness and Remediation: challenge and enrichment, Orton Gillingham training/multi-sensory, comprehension, decoding/phonics, Learning Disabilities
- Writing | Writing process: content area, word choice, creating chapter books
- Learning Coach/Study Skills/Test Prep: organization/homework/scheduling, how to study for tests, NYS testing, ELA, Independent School Entrance Exam, TACH
My passion is making learning fun and accessible. Above all, I listen and respect my students and their parents. They know I’m here for them!
To learn more call (914) 522-2820 or email Judy at SmartReaders@MindSpring.com
Welcome to Mathnasium—your neighborhood math-only learning center that teaches kids math the way that makes sense to them. Our experienced math tutors utilize our proprietary teaching materials and techniques, The Mathnasium Method™, to deliver a customized learning plan designed to address each student’s needs, whether they started out far behind or are already ahead in math. Our instruction approach goes beyond traditional math tutoring to develop understanding and build a love for math.
Mathnasium offers both in-center instruction and live face-to-face instruction through Mathnasium@home.
With Mathnasium@home, You’ll Get:
- Face-to-face, online math tutoring with the same instructors as our centers
- The proven Mathnasium Method™ online, in real time
- Convenient tutoring sessions from home or anywhere with an internet connection
- A safe and secure, live connection
- The same great results and value as enrollment at your learning center
Introducing our newest program, Prime Study Space.
Prime Study Space by Mathnasium is the ideal environment. Our center offers a comfortable workspace with a private desk, fast internet, and power outlet so your child can focus on remote classroom learning. We keep students safe through strict social distancing, disinfecting protocols, and mask and temperature checks. Our caring, background-checked facilitators keep them on task, so you can focus on your day! Prime Study Space is month-to-month; no long-term contract required. Morning or Afternoon sessions available. Space is limited.
Call your local Mathnasium Center today to get started! You have 2 convenient Sound Shore locations to serve you.
Mathnasium of Mamaroneck
1009 W. Boston Post Road
Mamaroneck, NY 10543
Mathnasium of Rye
275 Purchase Street
Rye, NY 10580
All Mathnasium centers are independently owned and operated. Programs may differ by location.
Novella Prep motivates and teaches middle, high school, and college students how to achieve their academic best through study skills, college planning, and college persistence programs. We focus holistically on improving a student’s academic wellbeing toward better grades, increased test scores, and readiness for applying to and achieving at the best-fitting colleges.
- Literacy – All grade levels, including essay writing instruction
- Organization and Study Skills – All grade levels
- Math – K through 6th grade
Advocacy for Parents of Children with Special Needs
- Help parents understand their child’s educational evaluation and the services needed
- Advocate for the child at school meetings
- Reteach on-line lessons in a way that makes sense to the student.
- Help with applying their knowledge to given assignments.
- StudyPoint & PrepNow Tutoring offers a wide range of tutoring services for students from 1st grade through college. We provide online test prep support for the ACT, SAT, PSAT, SSAT/ISEE, SAT subject tests, and AP exams, as well as academic support in math, foreign languages, biology, chemistry, physics, college-level subjects, creative writing, and study skills.
- Our newest program, Elementary Group Study has been supporting students across the country since April as they navigate the challenges of distance learning and skill gaps from missed academic experiences this spring through a tailored, small group, online academic program for students in grades 1-8.
- We’ve been in business since 1999 and have a proven track record of highly customized programs focused on each student’s individual needs, while offering full-service support for families at every stage of their educational journey. We’re not new to online tutoring — we’ve been doing it for nearly a decade and have perfected how to deliver high-quality live online tutoring with our staff of outstanding tutors across the country.
- We offer an industry-leading point increase guarantee with our test prep programs that provides peace of mind for parents and protects your investment.
- We pride ourselves on personal relationships and working tirelessly to help our students and families. 60% of our business comes from referrals and repeat business, and we are proud of our strong reputation in the tutoring industry.
SuperScores Prep, LLC is a full-service private tutoring company with an office in Harrison, NY, as well as remote teaching via Skype, FaceTime, and Zoom. We offer college prep tutoring for ACTs, SATs, College Essays, and all APs, and we also prepare students for LSATs, GREs, and other post-college standardized tests.
Please call, text, or email for a free phone consultation so we can work together to form a plan to help your child navigate the college admissions process during these challenging times.
A 2020 graduate of Blind Brook HS who is taking a gap year before attending Washington University in St. Louis next fall. Throughout high school, I was a straight A student who took many honors and AP classes. I have two years of online tutoring experience and am available to help with individual tutoring and group study pods (e.g. AP Biology, AP Calculus AB/BC, etc.) as everyone adjusts to this new approach to learning.
For more info, contact email@example.com
Thrive Tutoring is a highly curated collection of top teachers, tutors and skills coaches with extensive experience in their specialties. Our professionals provide more than tutoring, working with students to learn how to learn. In addition to full academic support, test preparation and college essay writing coaching, our students receive instruction in time management, study skills, organization, decision making, and other executive function skills.
Thrive Tutoring teaches the tools that students need to thrive, not just survive!
- One-to-One Academic Support in all Subjects
- SAT & ACT Test Preparation – Private Lessons and Group Classes Available
In response to the unique needs presented by the recent disruptions to our schools’ learning models, Thrive Tutoring is also providing:
- Certified Instructors to Facilitate In-home Pods
- Trained High-school and College Students for During and After School Help
Online or in-home tutoring is available.
Contact Jean Marie Stein (914) 629-7095 | www.thrivetutoringny.com