These petite treats are a pleasure to eat and super fun to make! We bet you can’t eat just one. So grab your loved ones and bake up a storm; this recipe is great for getting the kids involved!
Don’t forget to check out www.onthemarcevents.com to explore our exclusive venues and catering services for events of any shape and size!
Red Velvet Whoopie Pie (Yield: 30 pieces)
- 5 cups flour
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 ½ cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 20 drops red food coloring
Cream Cheese Icing
- 3 blocks cream cheese
- 4 sticks butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside and reserve.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the eggs one at a time. Mix until combined.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Alternate adding the dry ingredients and the buttermilk, starting and finishing with the dry ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Color as desired!
- Using a piping bag, pipe the batter in ½ in. rounds on parchment lined sheets.
- Bake until the cookies spring back when touched. Approx. 10-15 mins. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- To make the cream cheese icing, combine the cream cheese and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix to combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Using a piping bag, pipe a small amount of cream cheese icing onto the flat side of one of the cakes. Sandwich with another cake, eat, and fall in love all over again with this childhood favorite.
ONTHEMARC Events – 203.274.6808
47 Larkin Street, Stamford, CT 06907